Coronavirus: Advice From Johnson Legal Family Law
In these times of uncertainty we are still here for you! Our staff are working from home and are very happy to work with you via email, phone calls, Skype, Facetime or Zoom. Our clients come first for us and we are committed to continuing to provide our first class service to new and existing clients.
What is Johnson Legal Family Law doing?
Johnson Legal Family Law uses cloud based technology. This means all of our team can work remotely from anywhere with internet connection. All of our staff transitioned to working from home on 16th March and service will continue to be very much as usual. We have implemented a number of small changes to ensure we are following government advice to provide this service, including:
- We have now ceased all physical meetings with our clients in our office at 22a Rutland Square and elsewhere. Meetings will now take place via telephone, video call or Skype. However, we are still contactable in the usual way via telephone and email. This will minimise travel for our client and staff, and will ensure that we adhere to government advice in relation to social distancing.
- Our family law team are taking part in daily video conferences to ensure that our service to our clients is uncompromised. We are a close, tight-knit team and we will remain to be during this time. Our solicitors know what is happening with each client’s case which means that if your solicitor should fall ill, we are still able to assist you.
- We have put in place call transfers from our main office line. Yasmin Hart is still contactable in the usual way on 0131 622 8477 if you require to speak to your solicitor via telephone. We are still contactable via email and, at present, we are still able to receive post to our office.
- For new clients or general enquiries please do continue to contact our office in the usual way on 0131 622 8477. We will ensure that you receive a call back from one of our solicitors. First consultations are still taking place albeit not face-to-face meetings. We would be delighted to host your first consultation via Zoom, Skype or FaceTime.
- We continue to be in close contact with our colleagues at the Scottish Courts and Tribunal Services. This is a fast changing situation and guidelines are constantly being updated as further government directions are issued. We will keep you updated as matters develop and ensure that your case continues to be effectively managed by our team. At present, we have been advised that any case due to call in court between now and 19th June will be postponed. If your case needs to be heard urgently, we are very happy to discuss this with you.
We are in uncharted territory however the majority of our business remains unchanged. We continue to ensure that we are available for our clients, no matter how this situation evolves. Our clients matter to us and continue to be at the very heart of our business.
We will continue to support our clients and guide them through this uncertain time. We will keep our website updated as matters develop and guidance is issued. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team if you do have any concerns about how COVID-19 will affect your family situation.
Johnson Legal Family Law
We can help you right now
Our commitment to provide you with the best possible advice includes a free initial phone call with one of our experts. This allows us to fully prepare for your first meeting which we always offer at a fixed fee rate.
How we can help you?
Consider investing in an agreement to reflect what you both want to happen financially, should your relationship come to an end.
Sort it without court costs – these contracts regulate your separation. From your children to financial matters, these allow you to proceed to an undefended divorce.
Sometimes you need smart experienced lawyers to guide you through the complex legal system to help you deal with the end of your marriage, and to ensure a fair division of all matrimonial property.
Your children are your absolute priority so they are our priority too. We can work hard to help you in all disputes about Parental Rights and Responsibilities including residence and contact.
The law offers limited protection for cohabitees, governed by strict rules. We can make sure you receive a fair deal at the end of your relationship.
At your most vulnerable, we will make sure you and your family is protected.